Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Need directions

Man, Oh man.

I feel like me life is in a whirlwind right now. I feel like God is throwing a lot of fresh/new ideas my way and I'm trying to sift through it all and figure out what it all means. As I eluded to I'm trying to figure out within my ministry here at Calvary how to incorporate discipleship & service as well as how to partner more with parents. Now on top of those thoughts/ideas/possibilities, God has begun to stir within me thoughts about what it really means to be a Husband/father after his own heart. Does he really desire us to just be comfortable and float through life, I don't think so. He desires that we have an impact and infect people around us. I feel like in a lot of ways I'm not doing much of that; I'm just floating. He is awakening within me a desire to figure out what it could look like for us as a family to be reaching the poorest/weakest in our community. Not necessarily to serve them and offer them advice, but learn from them to just be with them. Man I can't even begin to write out all the stuff going through my head right now. I figure I just need to keep asking ?'s and get on my knees asking God to make the way clear.

3 comments:

chap said...

i'm with you man. they may be slightly different topics we're chewing on, but it's the same kinda wrestling. and i didn't even go to shift!

remember, this is a good thing and a God thing!

pax: ty

daniel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
daniel said...

You're not alone. Let's risk for the kingdom of God together... and see how many students we can take with us ;)