Wednesday, February 7, 2007

V-day

Just composing some of my thoughts for our upcoming talk about V-day/love/relationships. I'm amazed at how often I sell myself short of all that God really desires for me. I settle for the easy, quick, self-pleasing thoughts the world is throwing at me instead of striving for all that God designed for me. I don't love my wife the way I should, I look for the quickest, easiest way to apease her, instead of truly fulfilling her desires (which are ussually the oposite of mine). As I'm reading through material about Love and God's desire for it I once again realize how His plan is truly the best. To think about a love abaised on internal, more stable factors compared to external, quickly changing sure makes a lot of sense. It is almost like he knows what he is talking about, LOL.

1 comment:

Matt Wolters said...

Hey dude. I have no idea how, but I came across your blog. sweet. How are things? Great here. Check out my blog to catch up. And Email me some time. Maybe we could do coffee of lunch some time. I only work a few miles from your church.

mattwolters@hotmail.com